Please reference the Frequently Asked Questions for detailed information on training content, registration, pricing, and more!
The PowerUp Conference is more than your regular Academy experience. PowerUp provides numerous interactive, workshop-style training opportunities that allow you to learn by doing. Choose from 5 Learning Journeys or create your own that meets your needs and your role – all while earning CEUs*!
Absolutely! While some of the technical-focused sessions will cover the same Alarm.com products, services, and support tools covered in our Foundational and Advanced Technical Academies, the sessions at PowerUp are more immersive and dive deeper into each subject matter in a way that we cannot at the standard Academy. Moreover, PowerUp will feature new product and services updates and launches so be sure to sign up!
At PowerUp you can access:
If your company is looking to drive more business and enhance the customer experience, these are the people who should attend:
Learn how to get the most from key tools, perform successful customer upgrades and get hands on installation training, from beginner to advanced.
See how system integrations, Business Intelligence reporting and account set-up tools can help streamline your business.
Sharpen sales skills and discover our complete line of resources that will help increase close rates and grow RMR.
Get advanced skills in remote troubleshooting and listen in on live calls handled by our experts.
You must be an authorized Alarm.com dealer to attend the conference.
The 2017 PowerUp Conference will take place at the following location:
Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
5410 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy.
Dallas, TX 75240
Yes! Single and double rooms are being offered to PowerUp attendees at a special discounted rate. Please complete registration to access the hotel sleeping room link.
You can reserve your hotel room at the end of your event registration. We will provide you with a link to the website where you can access our discounted hotel rooms.
Dress comfortably! Business casual attire is recommended but not required.
We highly recommend bringing a laptop to the majority of sessions throughout the 2-day conference.
We chose the Dallas-Fort Worth area for this year’s conference based on its central location and large airport. Please visit the Academy Training page on the Dealer Website for more information on future training opportunities, dates and locations!
You can cancel your registration either by clicking on the cancellation link in your confirmation email or by clicking the Register Now button on our website and selecting “Already Registered” to access your agenda. You can also email Academy@alarm.com. You must cancel your registration by October 16th in order to receive a refund.
Unfortunately, we do not allow onsite registration as each session has a capacity and we need to know in advance how many will be in attendance. The deadline to register is November 6th.
During registration, you will have the option to register for as many or as few sessions as you’d like. All sessions are included in the registration cost. We will provide a list of recommended “Journeys” based on role, but you are free to register for any session you’d like to attend.
Journeys are groups of recommended sessions based on company role. These were created with you in mind to help make session registration a little bit easier. Feel free to pick and choose sessions as you please or sign up for all the sessions within a given Journey!
Of course! While you cannot attend more than one session at a given time, feel free to mix and match as you please. Maybe you’ll sign up for the Foundational Technical Journey on Day 1 and the Business Operations Journey on Day 2! Choose what is right for you.
Absolutely. Journeys are recommendations and not required.
You can modify your registration either by clicking on the modify link in your confirmation email or by clicking the Register Now button on our website and selecting “Already Registered” to access your agenda.
Early bird pricing is $150 and is available until September 12th. After that date, regular pricing is $350.
Registration includes admission to the conference and any of the 25 interactive sessions, breakfast, lunch and breaks over two days, admission to our two evening receptions and the Energize and CORE Command Center, as well as exclusive PowerUp merchandise.
You do not have to pay for each session. These are included in the registration fee.
Full payment is due at the time of registration. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and AmericanExpress. We do not accept Discover or other forms of payment (invoicing, check, cash, etc.)
We are offering an Early bird special until September 12th. Other discounts may be available; please contact your Account Representative for more information.
Yes, we will offer discounts for individuals if more than 5 people register.
The Energize Room offers you a space to sit down, refresh, power up your phones or tablets, and interact with your Alarm.com team. The room will be a central place where you can find Alarm.com staff to help you with anything that you need – a great place to have a quick meeting with your sales rep, or ask our CORE experts a technical question. This is also the place to redeem your hard-earned points for fun Alarm.com and partner swag!
Each PowerUp attendee will receive a certificate of completion for each session they attend.
They will not. Video or audio recording of any Alarm.com Academy event or other training course is strictly prohibited.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW. THE ALARM.COM POWER UP RAFFLE (“RAFFLE”) IS BEING OFFERED TO ANY LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT PUERTO RICO OR THE US VIRGIN ISLANDS) AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER WHO ATTEND THE 2017 POWER UP CONFERENCE IN DALLAS, TEXAS. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND DO NOT RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT PUERTO RICO OR THE US VIRGIN ISLANDS) AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: This Raffle will run from Nov 14, 2017 at 6:00 PM Central Time (“CST”) through Nov 16, 2017 at 6:00 PM CST (“Promotion Period”). By participating in the Raffle, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and further acknowledges that the decisions of Alarm.com Incorporated (“Sponsor”), 8281 Greensboro Dr., Suite 100, Tysons, VA, 22102, shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. TO ENTER RAFFLE: Any legal resident of the United States (except Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands) and the District of Columbia who are 18 or older who attend the 2017 PowerUp Conference in Dallas, TX may enter the Raffle. Registration is free to everyone. To enter the Raffle, retweet/report an Alarm.com social media post or post a photo or comment from the PowerUp Conference to social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and/or Facebook. Each post is an entry to win. The winner will be selected at random from the existing pool of entries and a Prize will be awarded to the selected entrant. The winner must claim their Prize by responding to our email and signing the provided waiver. If a winner does not claim his/her Prize within 7 days of being notified, the winner will forfeit his/her Prize. The winner will be notified by via email from the Alarm.com Academy Training Team. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. No more than the advertised number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of registration, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Automatic or machine generated entries will not be accepted. Limit one (1) Prize per entrant. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
3. RAFFLE DRAWING: The winner of the Prize will be selected after the PowerUp Conference. The winner will be randomly selected and emailed by the Alarm.com Academy Team. The Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding. The prize winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, including a recording of their Social Security number (for tax reporting purposes, as required by law), and liability release, and where permitted, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) before being certified as a winner. Entry into this Raffle constitutes prize winner’s agreement to sign such Prize Claim Documents. In the event the winner is unreachable or fails to comply with these Official Rules and conditions for eligibility, the winner will forfeit his or her Prize. In the event a Prize is forfeited as aforementioned, a forfeited secondary prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from all remaining eligible Raffle entries received from the Raffle draw. A Prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner if the required Prize Claim Documents are not signed or if the winner fails to claim his/her Prize within seven (7) days of being notified of winning by the Alarm.com Academy Team. If the Prize remains unclaimed after the last drawing, Sponsor may select alternate winners for such Prize; if a winner or alternates do not accept a Prize, such Prize will not be awarded.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands), who are eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry and attend the 2017 Power Up Conference in Dallas, Texas. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
5. Prize/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)/Odds:
The “Prize” for the Raffle is as follows.
One (1) winner will receive the below prize:
One (1) Round Trip Airfare to Washington DC – Alarm.com HQ. Ticket is redeemable for flights to an Alarm.com Academy training session. Winner can select any 2018 Academy dates hosted at Alarm.com HQ, 8281 Greensboro Dr., Suite, 100, Tysons, VA, 22102. The flight will be to DCA or IAD airports. The Alarm.com Academy Training team will purchase and book ticket on behalf of raffle winner. Prize does not include transportation to and from airports or Alarm.com HQ. ARV is $800.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of valid entries received.
In the event Sponsor cannot provide the Prize for any reason, then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value.
All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Where applicable, the Prize winner will receive a Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the Prize in the January following awarding of Prize. Expenses not specifically stated in any and all Prize packages outlined above are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of Prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor for reason of unavailability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. GENERAL: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Acceptance of a Prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, voice, address (city and state only), likeness and/or Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Raffle, each entrants agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their officers, directors, employees, shareholders and agents, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Promotion Entities”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Raffle or acceptance, delivery or use of a Prize. Winners acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made and are not in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Each winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in this Raffle and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of a Prize. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a Prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of prizes. Winner, by acceptance of a Prize, agrees to release Promotion Entities and each of their respective affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property, including but not limited to property damage, personal injury and/or death, which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the Prize. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. INTERNET: The Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate Raffle entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing of the promotion materials or the offering or announcement of the Prize, (ii) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website or app, (iii) failure of any Raffle entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone or internet service problems, printing errors, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or app, (iv) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (v) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Raffle, (vi) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or Raffle entry information, or (vii) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). If for any reason the Raffle is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Raffle, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Raffle. In the event the Raffle is terminated for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prizes via random drawing from among all valid entries received up to the time of the action taken by the Sponsor. Caution: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any website or app, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For name of the Prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by February 28, 2018 to: Alarm.com PowerUp Raffle Winner’s List, 8281 Greensboro Dr., Suite 100, Tysons, VA, 22102. Winners’ list to be available after November 30, 2017. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
10. OPT-OUT: To be removed from future Raffle mailings, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in each email you receive from Sponsor.
11. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective. Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle, or any Prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Raffle or the determination of winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO AN ENTRANT. All issues and question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Raffle shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Virginia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. SPONSOR: Alarm.com Incorporated, 8281 Greensboro Dr., Suite, 100, Tysons, VA, 22102
© 2017 Alarm.com Incorporated. All rights reserved.
*CEUs are offered on a state-by-state basis. Please email Academy@alarm.com to see if CEUs are offered for your state.
Copyright © 2000-2017, Alarm.com. All rights reserved.